Overall Niche Grade
Commack is a suburb of New York City with a population of 37,117. Commack is in Suffolk County and is one of the best places to live in New York. Living in Commack offers residents a suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Commack there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. Many retirees live in Commack and residents tend to lean conservative. The public schools in Commack are highly rated.
Median Home Value: $471,300
Median Family Income: $114,866
Nearby Points of Interest (within 20 miles)
- Short Beach (8 miles) - Boating and kayaking, camping, fishing, picnicking, swimming and just walking along the shoreline.
- Robert Moses State Park (19 miles) - Ocean beach with picnic areas, playgrounds, pitch-&-putt golf & access to Fire Island Lighthouse.
- Smith Haven Mall (8 miles) - Smith Haven Mall offers more than 130 stores, including L.L.Bean, Apple, H&M, White House Black Market, Newbury Comics, Forever21, Sur La Table, and Lush Cosmetics. There are a number of exciting dining options to choose from including Texas de Brazil, Bahama Breeze, PF Changs, The Cheesecake Factory, California Pizza Kitchen and Bobby's Burger Palace.
- Walt Whitman Mall (8 miles) - A premier climate controlled shopping destination, Walt Whitman Shops boasts over 80 of the nation's finest shops, including Bloomingdale's, Lord & Taylor, Macy's and Saks Fifth Avenue.
- Deer Park Long Island Railroad train station (7 miles)